Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I always make my cocktails with fresh pressed juice. I cannot afford any extra empty calories from store bought mixers, who can!! I have a commercial grade juicer so you may need to add extra juice if your hand squeezing since my juicer produces a lot of juice! I've had the grapefruit margarita at The Daily Grill on several occasions. Here is my martini version, enjoy!
- 1⁄2 large grapefruit, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon superfine sugar, plus more for rimming glass
- 1 1⁄2 ounces of silver tequila
- 1 ounce orange-flavored liqueur
- Place superfine sugar, grapefruit and lime juice in cocktail shaker and swirl until sugar mostly dissolves. Pour in tequila, liqueur and at least 4-6 cubes of ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain in sugar rimmed martini glass and garnish with lime wedge or grapefruit section.
Tart yet sweet and oh so perfect after a day of yardwork.
This was a great cocktail, but just a little more on the bitter side than I usually like for my drinks. Made for 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef.
This is so yummy. I used bottled greapefruit juice. I didn't measure the amount I used. Thanks for posting this yummy drink :)