1/1 Photo of Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
Barb Gertz's Note:
This is a very good and simple Salad with the Grapefruit and Avocado. The almonds add a salty touch. The reripe comes from Sunset Magazine. My Daughter-in-laws mother use to make a salad very similar to this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pink grapefruit (I have used the canned grapefruit)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 12 ounces mixed greens (about 2 quart)
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds or 1/3 cup roasted salted almond
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion (white & pale green parts only)
- salt and pepper
- 1With a sharp knife, cut peel and outer membrane from grapefruit.
- 2Working over a strainer set over a bowl, cut between inner membranes and fruit to relase segments into strainer.
- 3Squeeze juice from membranes into bowl,Discard peel and membranes.
- 4In a large bowl, combine oil, lime juice and grapefruit juice.
- 5Add salad greens and mix gently to coat.
- 6Place in salad bowl or put on plates.
- 7Top with grapefruit segments, avocado, almonds and green onion.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.2
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: