Indian Cook's Note:
A wonderful, economical recipe which gives both crystal clear juice and tasty jam from the same grapes. The juice turn a deep jewel like purple when you add the sugar. Makes a nice Christmas drink. Can reduce the amount of sugar to 3/4 Kg if health conscious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the grapes and separate from stem.
- 2Boil the grapes in just enough water to cover without stirring until grapes are cooked (skins split open and the grapes collapse)
- 3water should be pink.
- 4Remove from heat and filter the juice in a seive carefully without crushing the fruit. (If you crush the fruit, the juice will not be clear).
- 5FOR JUICE- Take the filtered pink water and add 1 Kg sugar and 1 tsp citric acid.
- 6Boil for 1 min only, remove from heat immediately and bottle.
- 7FOR JAM- if seedless grapes, put in a blender and make a puree, if seeds are present, rub through a seive to remove the seeds.
- 8Take the pulp, add1Kg sugar and 1 tsp citric acid. Boil till sheeting occurs on high heat.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grape Juice and Jam
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 107.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g