Moroccan Grape Juice
Found in the cookbook From the Lands of Figs and Olives. I don't know if this is supposed to be prepared with 100% white grape juice or 100% concord grape juice. I tested with unsweetened organic concord grape juice. You also have the option of making your own grape juice: Recipe #41039. If your juice is sweetened, omit the sugar in the recipe. An ideal introduction to orange blossom water if you've never tasted it before.
- Ready In:
- 1 quart concord grape juice (or white grape juice)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I used honey) or 2 tablespoons honey, to taste (I used honey)
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water (do not omit)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste (original recipe specified 1 teaspoon) or 1/2 small whole cinnamon stick
- ice cube
- of fresh mint, for garnish
- Mix together everything except for the ice cubes and mint.
- Chill and when ready to serve pour the juice over ice cubes and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
YUM! The honey had a hard time blending in so I was thinking (uhoh!) that....you could heat some of the juice, add honey & stir until dissolved. Add the cinnamon stick to that & let it steep a bit before adding the whole but back to the rest of the juice & adding the orange flower water. But, I don't think the additional sweetener is really needed. I accidentally added way more ground cinnamon which turned out great & the recommended amount of orange flower water I could barely detect. (because of too much cinnamon?) so I added more. YUMMM. I sipped & sipped...finished the whole quart in a day. ;) Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers.
I used home-made grape juice sweetened with Splenda when I canned it and added NO additional sweeteners based on other reviews. This was so good! I ordered the Orange Blossom juice a couple weeks ago and it didn't come in time for the ZWT9 Moroccan leg of the event, but now I was able to try it for ZWT9 Family Picks!