Easy Concord Grape Juice
- Ready In:
- In sterilized jar place 2 cups grapes.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fill to top with boiling water.
- Seal jars at once with 2 piece lids. Process in water-bath canner for 10 minutes. Remove from canner and keep out of drafts(cover with a towel). Next day remove metal lid-bands, and label with date and contents.
- Let juice stand 3 to 4 weeks before using.
- Strain juice from grapes and use juice.
Join The Conversation
I made this recipe in October, and opened a bottle yesterday about 6 weeks since I made it. The juice is excellent, the recipe was so easy to follow and I plan to make it again next year. The only thing I made different from the recipe was cut the sugar back to 1/4 cup per quart as some of the previous reviews said it could be done safely . The juice taste sweet to me , very similar to welch grape juice you buy. My grapes were sweeter than usual this year I think because we had unusual warm weather this fall. I made 24 qts, if I would have known it was going to be this good I would have made lots more.Thank you so much for the great recipe, I will be sharing this with my friends.
I have been using this recipe for years. I love the results. I tried it with less sugar and the results were not as good. Because the whole grape is used (grape seed and grape skin) I feel it must be very healthy. I bring it out when anyone is sick. I have given to my children and now my grandchildren. I think I probably use more grapes than suggested.