Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great and very quick recipe. A favorite in the house.
- 3 cups oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into smaller pieces (For less fat, use 1/4 cup margarine or butter and 1/4 cup water)
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- Base: In a large microwave bowl, mix all above BASE ingredients.
- Put in microwave for 2 minutes.
- If margarne hasn't melted after mixing, return to microwave for another 1-2 minutes Spread in a 9"x9" greased pan.
- Flatten with a fork.
- Icing: In a small microwave bowl, add the 2 ingredients together (no need to mix) Melt in microwave for 1 minutes.
- Mix (if the choco. chips haven't melted after mixing, return to microwave for 20-30 secs. DO NOT OVERHEAT) Spread over base.
- Put in fridge for 2 hours (or in freezer for 30 mins.) until the icing has set.
!!!!NOTE!!!! there's a mistake in the ingredients list for the base. it's 3 cups of oats. sorry and i hope this doesn't cause much trouble.