Granola Ice Cream Squares
photo by Bev I Am
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- Sprinkle 2 cups of granola in ungreased 9x9" square baking pan.
- Drizzle with ice cream topping.
- Cut ice cream into about 1" slices.
- Place on granola in pan.
- Let stand until slightly softened.
- Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining granola.
- Cover and freeze until firm, about 5 hours.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve with additional topping if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are fabulous! So simple to put together and endlessly adaptable, I can imagine eating them forever! I cheated a bit and used prepared granola bars that I smashed up, along with low-fat ice cream and a little chocolate sauce. I made this easier to serve by lining the pan with foil and lifting the bars out before cutting. I am looking forward to trying other variations, along with possibly using a layer of sliced strawberries in place of the sauce. Thanks for posting this Bev! As ice cream is one of my favorite food groups, I foresee a lot of these in my future!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.