Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Grandpa Mitchell's Recipe Collection This is the best jam, it is not too sweet.
- 6 cups shredded zucchini (raw)
- 4 cups sugar (or less)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 bottle Certo (1 box)
- 14 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 1 (3 ounce) box apricot gelatin (or another orange will do)
- Cook zuchini in own juice, 6 minutes.
- Add sugar, certo, lemon juice.
- Boil 6 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Jello.
- Stir for 5 minutes.
- Put into jars.
I have been looking for this recipe for 10 years! I am so excited. This is excellent to bake chicken in and serve over rice. THANK YOU for posting a lost friend!
This didn't gel like jelly should. It's more like a sweat and sour sauce. The recipe didn't say when to put the pineapple in. You should also note that sugar free jell-o does not work in this recipe.