Pepper Jelly Glazed Chicken With Corn and Zucchini
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- Prepare grill.
- Seed and chop tomatoes and cut zucchini into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Finely chop coriander.
- In a heavy skillet cook onion in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, corn, and salt and pepper to taste and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While corn mixture is simmering, prepare chicken.
- In a small saucepan melt jelly over moderate heat, stirring, and remove pan from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and chili powder and divide jelly mixture between 2 small bowls (to prevent the potential contaminations caused by uncooked meat juices).
- Pat chicken dry and brush with jelly mixture from 1 bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until just cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- With a clean brush, coat chicken with jelly mixture from other bowl.
- Stir cream cheese into corn mixture until melted and stir in coriander and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve corn mixture topped with chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Overall flavors were good, I will make again with adjustments. I added a fresh chopped jalapeno pepper with the onions. I also added chipotle powder to the pepper jelly mixture (made with Hot Pepper Garlic Jelly #95632). Cook times were too long on both the chicken and veggie mixture. I will reduce the veggies down to 10-15 minutes next time. As stated they were mushy. Flavors were even better the next day for lunch.