1/1 Photo of Grandma's Stuffed Peppers
3 hrs 30 mins
Mustafa's Cook's Note:
Amounts of ingredients will vary based on the number of peppers you want. If making closer to 10 peppers, use 2 8-oz bags of mozzarella cheese and 2 jars of pasta sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g 90% lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 473.18 ml white rice
- 396.89 g diced tomatoes, drained
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 onion
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 6-10 medium green peppers
- 453.59 g pasta sauce
- 1 pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Clean peppers thoroughly inside and out.
- 3Mix by hand all ingredients except for the pasta sauce and the mozzarella cheese. If, after adding can of tomatoes mixture still feels too "wet", add more rice until the consistency is a little more solid. More Parmesan cheese may be added if wanted.
- 4Boil peppers in a large pot of water for about five minutes or until soft. place inside your baking/casserole dish when each is finished. Open jar of pasta sauce and add one full tablespoon inside each pepper. I like to use Prego.
- 5Using a clean tablespoon, add stuffing mix by spoonful until each pepper is completely full, be careful not to break them.
- 6Dump the rest of the pasta sauce into the baking/casserole dish to cover the bottom of the peppers. Add a small amount of water to the jar, swish around and add to pan.
- 7After about 2 1/2 hours, remove peppers from oven and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven for another half hour or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Stuffed Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.6
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 120.1 mg
- Sodium 565.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
pre-shredded mozzarella cheese