Recipe by Don't Touch The Buns
This recipe has been passed down in my family for generations. It's so good and yet so easy!
Top Tweak by Laura D.
Very good recipe but I added some fresh mushrooms and put a dollop of sour cream to the mixture. Also added a little bit of tomato juice to the bottom of the dish and baked covered at 325 for 40 min. they turned out awesome thank you!
- 6 large green peppers
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 17.25 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 453.59 g chopped fresh tomato
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml uncooked brown rice
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 4.92 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and discard seeds and membranes.
- Boil peppers for 5 minutes. Remove and stand upright in a 13x9 casserole dish.
- Generously sprinkle inside of each pepper with salt (1/2 tsp or more if you like).
- Cook ground beef and onions until meat is browned.
- Season beef and onion mixture with remaining salt, pepper, garlic, and seasoned salt.
- Add tomatoes, water, rice, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Cover and simmer until rice is tender (approximately 15-30 minutes).
- Stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Stuff peppers with the meat and rice mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Top peppers with remaining cheese and bake and additional 5-10 minutes.