Recipe by tweetyfan
This creamy side dish is easy to make and gets rave reviews from everyone who tastes it.
Top Review by Sarah_Jayne
I doubled this and served it at my Super Bowl party and it went down very well. I loved the taste of it and it was very easy to make. I was even able to find monterey jack in the UK (very rare) and so I did it exactly as mentioned. They have already asked me to make it again for the Oscars party at the end of the month.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in the flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add the cheeses and Worcestershire sauce; stir until cheese is melted.
- Fold in macaroni.
- Pour into a 1-quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.