Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This creamy side dish is easy to make and gets rave reviews from everyone who tastes it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in the flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add the cheeses and Worcestershire sauce; stir until cheese is melted.
- Fold in macaroni.
- Pour into a 1-quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
This is good. It is not great...but it is good...it is definitely different. I will make this again...it was a bit bland...that's why its good in a weird way... May it...and you'll see what I mean
Good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written except that I doubled it for my family. I never have put mustard or worcestershire sauce in my mac and cheese. It was different but good. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
This is the first baked one I've made, and it turned out great. Was good as leftovers as well. Thanks for posting.