Recipe by dragon reader
When ever I serve this dish I get rave reviews. My grandma used to make this for our holiday meals; it was the only thing that NEVER had leftovers. When most people hear the ingredients. they are often skeptical until they try it. So far it has won over everyone that has tried it. It is so simple to make that you can have it any night. Prep time is time to combine items and cook time is time to chill. Servings are approx.
Top Review by Tracey J.
This was super easy to make and tasted DELICIOUS! In fact, it was so good, I'm serving it at a wedding rehearsal dinner I'm catering. It is so cool and refreshing. It's perfect for dessert, but I'm using it on the appetizer station, as it's so light and yummy! This is going in my "favorite recipes" file, and I'm sure it will be my new "go-to" when I need something fast, easy and delicious!
- 226.79 g container whipped cream
- 14.17 g box lime Jell-O gelatin (or your favorite flavor)
- 453.59 g cottage cheese
- 2 (623.68 g) can mandarin oranges (drained)
- 425.24 g can fruit cocktail (drained)
- 118.29 ml walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix jello powder and whipped cream in bowl until jello is evenly dissolved.
- Add cottage cheese, 1/2 mandarin oranges (1 can), whole can of fruit cocktail, and walnuts stir until well mixed.
- Garnish top with remaining mandarin oranges and a sprinkle of walnuts.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.