1/1 Photo of Grandma's Cowcumber Salad (Vegan Friendly)
This ridiculously easy recipe is from a local CSA flyer I received a few years back.Perfect for summertime dining, last minute potlucks, picnics, etc. Be very sure the vegetables are the freshest and best quality. Peeling the cucumbers is optional. Substitute agave or other similar sweetener for the honey if you want the salad vegan. Try a variety of heirloom tomatoes or cucumbers from your garden or local farmer's market for best results. Experiment with flavored honey...lavender, clover, blackberry, etc. It would not be out of line to garnish the vegetables with a favorite fresh herb of choice. Lastly, small garden fresh zucchini can replace all or part of the cucumbers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1 lb tomato, chunked
- 1 large onions, sliced thinly (I used a medium-sized Oregon-grown 'Hermiston Sweet' and added 2 green onions) or 1 bunch green onion, sliced (if choosing green onions use both green and white parts)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1Arrange the vegetables on a large platter.
- 2Whisk together the dressing and pour over the vegetables.
- 3Set aside for 30 minutes to marinate. The salad is best served at room temperature.
- 4Before serving, season with salt and cracked black pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Cowcumber Salad (Vegan Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.4
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g