Probably the easiest chocolate pie recipe you will find, this one is a big winner with everyone who tries it. My Grandma served it every time she made pies for dessert and there were never any leftovers. I use store bought pie crusts, but my Grandma made them from scratch.
- In a medium saucepan, stir pudding mix into 2 cups milk with wire whisk.
- Stirring constantly, cook on medium heat.
- Add chocolate chips while heating, stirring until they are melted. Continue cooking until mixture comes to full boil.
- Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla.
- Put lid on pot and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour into your favorite pie crust and refrigerate until set.
- Serve with whipped cream or cool whip.
This will fix any chocolate lovers craving! Delicious and very easy to make. Made as written using a Oreo cookie crumb crust, I also added an additional 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. Thanks for posting you're grandma's wonderful recipe. Made for Photo Tag Early Fall 2011.
Used a very generous measure of chocolate chips while otherwise following the recipe right on down, & we had a wonderfully chocolatey pie! I did make my own regular crust this first time, but might switch to a homemade graham cracker one next time around! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday tag]
This is what chocolate pie should be! It's easy enough I can take it in the trailer when we go camping!