Recipe by snapdragon74
My Grandmother always used to make this at Christmas time and I always loved it. I just call it "Grandma Candy", but my mom says it is butterscotch candy. It is still a holiday favorite of mine and my coworkers love it, too.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy works best)
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter together in a saucepan over medium heat until boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Combine peanut butter mixture with cereal in large mixing bowl, mix well by hand.
- Press mixture firmly into cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together, spread over cereal mixture.
- Refrigerate to set chocolate.
- Remove from refrigerator after chocolate is set, allow to return to room temperature for easier cutting.
- Cut in 1" by 2" rectangles.
- Keeps well in freezer.