Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
The lady knew what she was doing. Super-moist, super rich and dense. Even better the next day. Don't skip the glaze - it's awesome!
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease and flour a large bundt pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and allspice. Make a well, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, and orange juice. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, til tester comes out clean. Leave in pan for now.
- For the glaze, melt butter in medium saucepan and add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil and boil for a minute.
- Poke holes all over cake with a knife or the handle of a wooden spoon, and pour glaze over. If all of the glaze doesn't fit at first, allow some to seep into the cake before pouring on the rest.
- Let set one hour in the pan before removing.