Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the one dish I remember from my childhood, my Grandpa would actually be the one making it, but my Grandma told me years after he passed that she was given the recipe to make, from an Italian neighbor, for when she watched their kids. This recipe was originally posted with triple ingredients, and I forgot until I made it, that that made 2 stockpots full, so hopefully I converted it correctly.
- Brown hamburger add pepperoni, cook until desired doneness, (I like the edges curled up a bit) drain off grease.
- Pour in tomato sauce and paste, stir steadily over medium - high heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in 3 cans of water to tomato paste and 1 can of water to tomato sauce.
- Add mushrooms, oregano, basil, garlic, sugar, and onion salt.
- Cook over medium - low heat for atleast 3 hours stir constantly to keep from sticking.