Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is the one dish I remember from my childhood, my Grandpa would actually be the one making it, but my Grandma told me years after he passed that she was given the recipe to make, from an Italian neighbor, for when she watched their kids. This recipe was originally posted with triple ingredients, and I forgot until I made it, that that made 2 stockpots full, so hopefully I converted it correctly.
- Brown hamburger add pepperoni, cook until desired doneness, (I like the edges curled up a bit) drain off grease.
- Pour in tomato sauce and paste, stir steadily over medium - high heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in 3 cans of water to tomato paste and 1 can of water to tomato sauce.
- Add mushrooms, oregano, basil, garlic, sugar, and onion salt.
- Cook over medium - low heat for atleast 3 hours stir constantly to keep from sticking.
I truly love making a variety of sauces to have on hand, whether in the freezer or fridge, which is why I made this recipe! I did, however, leave out one ingredient, the mushrooms, & will add some once in a while when I reheat portions of the sauce! That's mostly because, while don't care for them so much, my other half does, & to please him, I'll include them SOMETIMES! Even without them, though, this is a very nice tasting sauce, & I appreciate you sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]