Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe saved by my Great Grandma from a 1957 Good Housekeeping Magazine. Passive time is chill time.
- 1 cup tomato sauce or 1 cup tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a bottle or jar.
- Cover tightly and shake well.
- Chill several hours.
- Remove garlic, if used.
- Shake well again.
I was looking for a healthy french style dressing and decided to give this recipe a whirl. But I did decide to cut down the oil to just 1/4 cup and changed the sweetener to Blue Agave necter. But the dressing is very good this way and it will become a staple in my frig
I used tomato paste thinned with water. Had to use, opened by mistake. This is good served over greens or cooked spinach noodles. I added a little more sugar since it was not tomato sauce. Try this dressing over broiled fish as it is broiling the last side. Excellent broiling sauce also.