Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Tangy BBQ sauce on pulled beef/pork /venison/moose excellent served on homemade bread hot from Grandma's oven (or fresh from the bakery).
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Saute onions and garlic in butter.
- Add everything else and cook over low heat (approx 10 minutes).
- Sliced very thin cooked beef (or meat of choice) about 2 -3 lbs.
- Mix meat and sauce together and place in slow cooker.
- Simmer for several hours to allow flavour to absorb into the meat.
I'v tried Grandma Kane's recipe for bbq sauce and I can tell you that it's a delicious tasting sause to any meat. Every time I even smell the aroma it reminds me of old times with the family and day's in time I miss. PS- Grandma Kane is my grandmother. ( thanks for posting this Dad ) Patrick Kane