Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Scott's Grandma, Edith, prepared this recipe for us when we were first married over 30 years ago. I ranted and raved about how delicious until I think I embarrassed her because the recipe is so simple! She was 1/2 Danish and 1/2 Norwegian, and I thought it was likely a terribly complicated recipe using unique ingredients. How wrong! Thanks Grandma Edie (sending this note to you in heaven) - we think of you often!
- 2 (595.33 g) can cream of celery soup (low sodium preferred)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 29.58 ml instant ground coffee
- 118.29 ml milk
- 453.59 g frozen italian style meatballs (or use your own homemade)
- In crockpot, stir together first four ingredients (use a crockpot liner for really easy clean up!). Add meatballs and stir. Cook on low for 4-5 hours until heated through. Add salt and pepper for taste, if desired, but watch the salt -- if not using low sodium soup, can quickly become too salty for my taste.
- This recipe makes quite a bit of good gravy to serve over hot noodles or potatoes. Yum!
This was a great and easy recipe. The only thing I would do is cut down on the bouillon because it made it a little salter than I wanted.