Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found in my grandmother's cookbook
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix thoroughly shortening, butter and sugars, salt, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Bake 8- 10 minutes until golden brown. Do not overbake.
- *if using self rising flour, omit baking soda and salt.
- (For a softer, rounder cookie, add additional 1/2 cup flour).
This recipe was easy to follow and made yummy cookies. Stepson and I made them for Santa tonight. Santa loved them!!! We used 1/2 PB chips and 1/2 milk chocolate chips. Paired with eggnog for a Santa Surprise!
This recipe produced a traditional tasting chocolate chip cookie with a cake-like consistency. Or at least that's what I baked up...puppitypup's picture shows flatter cookies than mine. Regardless, they taste good.
These might be the BEST COOKIES I've ever had! The consistency is absolutely perfect and the taste is devine. Thank you Nicalyn, this recipe is a definite keeper! Edited to say that I've been making these for a year now and they turn out perfect every time. My picture doesn't do them justice.