Recipe by Nicalyn
Found in my grandmother's cookbook
Top Review by Scratch Cooking with Sonya
This recipe was easy to follow and made yummy cookies. Stepson and I made them for Santa tonight. Santa loved them!!! We used 1/2 PB chips and 1/2 milk chocolate chips. Paired with eggnog for a Santa Surprise!
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix thoroughly shortening, butter and sugars, salt, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Bake 8- 10 minutes until golden brown. Do not overbake.
- *if using self rising flour, omit baking soda and salt.
- (For a softer, rounder cookie, add additional 1/2 cup flour).