Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A really good banana cake that will leave you hooked. Use very very ripe bananas
- 12 ounces sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 12 ounces flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180degrees Celsius. Grease and flour 10 inch round baking pan.
- Sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs in 1 at a time, only adding the next when the previous egg has been fully incorporated.
- Add bananas and milk inches Mix well.
- Add flour in and mix well.
- Pour into baking pan and bake for 50 minutes or till a skewer in the middle comes out clean.
- You may need to start tenting it inbetween the 50 minutes so that it does not overbrown.