Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy chicken dish! Chicken marinated in Grand Mariner and apricot jam. prep time does not include marinating time.
- 177.44 ml Grand Marnier
- 295.73 ml apricot jam, plus additional for basting
- 4.92 ml orange zest (orange part only)
- 177.44 ml distilled white vinegar
- 22.18 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 44.37 ml Dijon mustard
- 44.37 ml honey
- 14.79 ml dried red pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or your favorite chicken pieces)
- olive oil
- In a saucepan, combine Grand Marnier, jam, zest, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, honey and red pepper flakes. Simmer over medium-low heat just until honey and jam are melted. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Place chicken breasts, then marinade, in a zip-top plastic bag; marinate at least 4 hours and preferably overnight, refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow glass baking dish. Pour marinade over all. Baste breasts with apricot jam.
- Cover loosely and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting with remaining marinade every 15 minutes.
I used 5 dried Thai peppers broken in half; poured marinade until it came 1/4' up the sides of the fillets, and turned them over every 15 minutes. (Froze the unused marinade). My wife and Suzi, our 19 year cat, both loved it. (Suzi is also fond of curries).