Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great for brunch! Cut each slice in half and serve on a warm platter, dusted with powdered sugar; maple syrup and REAL butter on the side.
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 fluid ounces Grand Marnier
- 8 slices banana bread, cut 3/4 " thick
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients.
- Submerge each slice into custard for 20 seconds.
- Grill as you would regular french toast, but just a little less heat and longer time.
Hey Chef Blade-I made this today and it was awsome! We sliced the banana bread thin and spread a thin layer of cream cheese in-between two slices and then dipped and fried-very, very good and so easy to make! Thanks for posting this new favorite of ours!!!