- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda alternately with sour cream, beating until smooth.
- Stir in orange rind and chopped almonds.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into buttered 9-inch tube pan.
- Bake in moderate 350 degree Fahrenheit oven about 50 minutes.
- Mix orange juice, Grand Marnier, and sugar together; spoon over hot cake in pan.
- Decorate top with almonds.
- Cool before removing from pan.