Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this light Mexican casserole posted on another site. If you use mild salsa, it can be a mild dish for those who don't like heat.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups rice, cooked and hot
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes, dried
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, 1/2 cup salsa, and 2 tablespoons sour cream. Add parsley flakes, rice, and cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup salsa and 4 tablespoons sour cream.
- Spread mixture evenly over top of casserole and continue baking 10 minutes.
- Place baking dish on wire rack and let set for 2 to 3 minutes.
Great recipe - can be very versitile - first time didnt read directions too carefully - just dumped everything together using cream of celery soup - DH loved it like that so the dump method it is. Tasted like mexican risotto. Second time I made it Italian by using Bruchetta and Italian sausage - yummo - third time I used FF Cheddar soup instead of cream of something. Let's just say I needed to print out alot of this recipe for friends.
Love chicken and Mexican, so I enjoyed this very much. I shared it with my neighbor and she liked it too. I will make this again and I think it would be great for a potluck. Thank you.