Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Italian grandfather used to make this delicious "savory" pie all summer long when the abundance of fresh garden zuchini and fresh basil was great. It's a family favorite!
- Partially boil zuchini in salted water until tender.
- Drain cooked zuchini in collander to get rid of excess water.
- When drained, mix zuchini with onion, basil, cheese, salt& pepper, and beaten eggs.
- Separate pizza dough and roll into two separate pieces, one for the bottom crust and one for the top crust.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and grease 9 inch pie plate with olive oil.
- Lay bottom crust into pie plate and fill with zuchini mixture.
- Top with other piece of dough and seal edges.
- Bake approximately one hour or until golden brown and when pie is pricked with a fork, the mixture inside is no longer wet.
- May need a little more time depending on your oven.
- I usually lay a couple of fresh whole basil leaves in the center of the pie for garnish, and then brush the top crust with beaten egg for a shiny, golden brown look!