Recipe by pagesofsmiles
This recipe was my great grandmother's favorite! We found the actual recipe card in her box after she passed away. I've tried this recipe on several occasions and I really love how simple and delicious it is. She actually wrote the following words on her recipe card, "It never fails!"
Top Review by Beansy
This is possibly the best apple crisp I have ever had. I used frozen apples and it still turned out great.We loved it.Thanks for such a delicious recipe Your Grandma must have neen a terrific cook!!
- 6 -7 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and slice apples. Toss them with 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Place apples in an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and margarine (or butter).
- Sprinkle mixture over apples and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- According to Grammy, this should be served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.