Recipe by Green Cuisine
This is a family favorite passed down from my grandmother.
Top Review by loof
This is a very nice beef stroganoff recipe. I don't care for onions so left them out and added a few more mushrooms, otherwise made as specified. I used the optional sherry and dill and they brought a great flavor to this dish. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008
- 1 lb beef, cut in thin strips
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dill seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onion in 1 Tablespoon of butter, remove to a dish.
- Brown beef in 1 Tablespoon of butter and add to onion.
- Cook mushrooms in remaining butter, then remove to beef mixture, leaving liquid in skillet.
- Stir flour into 1/2 cup of water until smooth, add beef bouillon then combine in skillet with mushroom liquid.
- Cook and stir constantly over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream, worcestershire sauce and sherry and dill weed, if using.
- Stir in meat mixture.
- Serve with wide egg noodles.