Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This is an "OUT OF THIS WORLD" old fashioned recipe that my gram always made when I was growing up, and she always brought it out when company came, and that was often! It is one of my 3 favorite fudge recipes, and it is DELICIOUS!!! I am posting the other 2 also. This fudge is different than most fudges, not the soft creamy kind... Has a different texture and taste... All I know, is it's one that will have you back in the dish searching for more, till it's gone :)
My Private Note
1 1/2"x ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir first 4 ingredients together in a heavy cast iron pan. Bring to a boil.
- 2Boil briskly until mixture forms a soft ball in a glass of cold water (238 degrees F using a candy thermometer).
- 3Take off stove. Stir in marshmallow, walnuts and vanilla. You can also add a heaping T. of peanut butter too!
- 4Pour in well greased 9x13" pan, and let cool.
- 5Cut into 2" squares, and refrigerate if desired.
- 6Store in airtight container.
- 7Note: I can tell you from experience, it is best to use the candy thermometer, and DO NOT make on a rainy day, as it will not harden properly! I always make it with the peanut butter.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grammie Bea's Chocolate Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (1557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 17.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g