Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Kid Pleaser! Nice way to send your child off with something good to eat when you're running short on time in the morning. You can let your children help make these too. I've found that my daughters have always loved to eat what they've made.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot (snipped)
- 1⁄2 cup dried banana pieces (broken up)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Heat oven to 350degrees F. and grease a cookie sheet with shortening (or line with parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with an electic mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until combined thoroughly. (stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl).
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda to combine.
- With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients to the butter/egg mixture.
- With a wooden spoon, stin in the oats, dried fruit, banana chips and nuts.
- scoop dough with a 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop in mounds 2 inches apart. (Use your hands to flatten slightly).
- Bake about 12-15 minutes or until brown around the edges. Allow the cookies to remain on the sheet about 1-2 minutes prior to taking off the sheet and cooling on a rack.