2 hrs 20 mins
I got this recipe from the goya bean bag. I added garlic and sour cream and also used a little more bacon. My husband and kids loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb dried great northern beans
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pennette pasta
- grated parmesan cheese
- sour cream
- 1Sort and rinse beans.
- 2Boil beans in 8 cups of water for 2 minutes (do not drain).
- 3Set beans aside and soak for 1 hour.
- 4In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings in pan and remove bacon to drain on paper towel.
- 5In pan with drippings cook onion, carrot and garlic until tender.
- 6Stir in tomatoes, bouillon cube, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 7Add tomatoe mixture to beans.
- 8Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until beans are tender, about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- 9Add 1 cup of water and bring back to boil.
- 10Add pasta and bacon.
- 11Cook 8-10 minutes more or until pasta is al dente.
- 12Serve with grated parmesan cheese and a dolop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goya Pasta E Fagioli
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 749.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: