Recipe by SueVM
I was looking for a different burger and came across this recipe on allrecipes.com Credit goes to the poster who submitted this delicious gourmet burger, MollyS. These take a little time but so worth the extra effort as they turned out wonderfully moist and juicy. Try to buy the best minced beef you can for a truely gourmet taste.
Top Review by Annabelui
WOW! Made this for my fiance on the 4th of July. Used plain old 85/15 ground beef, so it was only about a $12 gourmet burger, but had I used Kobe or Angus beef, most definitely would have been worth every penny in $20! I highly recommend this recipe if you truly enjoy your hamburgers done right! I'll make it again & again & again!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (I used Black Angus)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small red onion, diced fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh horseradish (or use prepared)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chipotle hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add red onion and minced garlic, cook and stir until the onion softens and begins to turn slightly brown.
- Put the cooked onion and garlic into bowl. Add yogurt, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, mustard powder, garlic powder, horseradish, parsley, cilantro, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and hot sauce.
- Whisk together until smooth, mix in the ground beef until evenly blended with the yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4hrs.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat. Shape mixture into 6 patties 1/2inch thick and 5inches across.
- Grill burgers until no longer pink in the center about 6 minutes per side.
- Serve on toasted Kiaser rolls with sliced pepper jack cheese, raw thinly sliced red onion rings, lettuce and thick sliced beefsteak tomatoes.