This is my favorite pasta salad. It makes a perfect summer lunch served with cold red grapes and a fruity rosé wine. You can use whatever kind of salami you prefer (sopressata and genoa are both excellent).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped (basil, oregano, thyme)
- 1 lb fusilli (spiral pasta) or 1 lb rotini pasta (spiral pasta)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 1/2 ounces black olives, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar olive oil-packed roasted red peppers, drained and sliced (Dell Alpe recommended)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1 cup salami, chopped
- 1For the dressing, place all ingredients in a jar. Close lid tightly and shake until blended.
- 2For the salad, cook the pasta according to package directions in salted boiling water (about 1-2 tablespoons salt for a big pot of water).
- 3While the pasta is cooking, soak the red onion in ice water to mellow its flavor.
- 4Drain cooked pasta and place in a large bowl.
- 5Drain onions and pat dry, then add them to the pasta. Add the dressing, olives, peppers, feta, sun-dried tomatoes and salami to warm pasta and toss.
- 6Serve immediately at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.4
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 1754.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed fresh herbs