This is my favorite pasta salad. It makes a perfect summer lunch served with cold red grapes and a fruity rosé wine. You can use whatever kind of salami you prefer (sopressata and genoa are both excellent).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped (basil, oregano, thyme)
- 1 lb fusilli (spiral pasta) or 1 lb rotini pasta (spiral pasta)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 1/2 ounces black olives, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar olive oil-packed roasted red peppers, drained and sliced (Dell Alpe recommended)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1 cup salami, chopped
- 1For the dressing, place all ingredients in a jar. Close lid tightly and shake until blended.
- 2For the salad, cook the pasta according to package directions in salted boiling water (about 1-2 tablespoons salt for a big pot of water).
- 3While the pasta is cooking, soak the red onion in ice water to mellow its flavor.
- 4Drain cooked pasta and place in a large bowl.
- 5Drain onions and pat dry, then add them to the pasta. Add the dressing, olives, peppers, feta, sun-dried tomatoes and salami to warm pasta and toss.
- 6Serve immediately at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.4
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 1754.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed fresh herbs