Recipe by KissKiss
This is my favorite pasta salad. It makes a perfect summer lunch served with cold red grapes and a fruity rosé wine. You can use whatever kind of salami you prefer (sopressata and genoa are both excellent).
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped (basil, oregano, thyme)
- 1 lb fusilli (spiral pasta) or 1 lb rotini pasta (spiral pasta)
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 ounces black olives, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) jarolive oil-packed roasted red peppers, drained and sliced (Dell Alpe recommended)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1 cup salami, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing, place all ingredients in a jar. Close lid tightly and shake until blended.
- For the salad, cook the pasta according to package directions in salted boiling water (about 1-2 tablespoons salt for a big pot of water).
- While the pasta is cooking, soak the red onion in ice water to mellow its flavor.
- Drain cooked pasta and place in a large bowl.
- Drain onions and pat dry, then add them to the pasta. Add the dressing, olives, peppers, feta, sun-dried tomatoes and salami to warm pasta and toss.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to use.