Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the third sauce recipe from 30 Minute Meals Episode: Dinner and a Song.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons sage leaves, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb gorgonzola, cut into pieces
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces penne rigate, cooked
- Put large pot of water on to boil for penne.
- Salt boiling water and cook penne to al dente.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in wine, reduce 15 to 20 seconds.
- Whisk in stock, then cream.
- Add sage, then pieces of cheese.
- Stir until cheese melts into sauce.
- Simmer over low heat until ready to serve.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.