Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the back of a Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix envelope. Delicious and filling. The brown rice tastes like ground beef in the finished product and my husband doesn't even realize he is eating a low cholesterol meal!
- 30 ounces black beans, undrained, divided (two 15 ounce cans)
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 ounce Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix (one envelope)
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant brown rice
- sour cream (optional)
- red pepper, chopped (optional)
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Place 1 1/2 can of beans in a blender; cover.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large saucepan.
- Add remaining beans, the water, onions and salad dressing mix; stir until well blended.
- Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Stir in rice.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- If desired, garnish with sour cream, chopped red peppers and/or cilantro.
This is a very tasty recipe. I added one tablespoon of chicken soup base and a heaping teaspoon of minced garlic, which made it fabulous.
This recipes uses ingredients that I had on hand, which is always a big plus for me! It was also fast, easy, healthy and tasted delicious! Kat's Mom thank you for sharing your yummy recipe with us!
this is so easy and soooo good