From the back of a Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix envelope. Delicious and filling. The brown rice tastes like ground beef in the finished product and my husband doesn't even realize he is eating a low cholesterol meal!
- Place 1 1/2 can of beans in a blender; cover.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large saucepan.
- Add remaining beans, the water, onions and salad dressing mix; stir until well blended.
- Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Stir in rice.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- If desired, garnish with sour cream, chopped red peppers and/or cilantro.