1/1 Photo of Good Old Gingersnaps
I've been baking since I was a teenager and these were the first cookies I ever made. Favorites to this day! Just so you know; it's better to add the ginger to taste. I like to add extra myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift first six ingredients together.
- 2Cream sugar and shortening; add egg and molasses.
- 3Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- 4Form walnut-sized balls and roll in a little sugar.
- 5(can refrigerate if a little sticky, or use a bit of flour).
- 6Place on greased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Old Gingersnaps
Serving Size: 1 (772 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 810.4
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 1047.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 61.9 g
- Protein 8.4 g