1/1 Photo of Good for You Risotto!!
Is a SPECIAL recipe! One that works well for me! LOVE that can cook chicken in stock, TRUE! Please feel free to do a review!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat chicken stock in large saucepan; reserve 2 tablespoons.
- 2In frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of chicken stock and saute onions, garlic (diced fine), celery (diced fine), carrots (diced fine)and pepper.
- 3NOTE: do NOT use the leaves of the celery as it will make the risotto bitter; just pull leaves off and retain as much of the stalk as you can; can use leaves as garnish :).
- 4Add uncooked rice and fry until shiny; about 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- 5NOTE: You will see it change to a shiny texture.
- 6REMOVE bay leaf.
- 7ADD wine and stock one ladle at a time and constantly stir the rice.
- 8NOTE: Make sure pan is still removed from heat.
- 9DICE chicken breast FINELY.
- 10ADD uncooked chicken into rice and make sure mixture stays moist; Please don't panic, chicken WILL fully cook; KEEP STIRRING :).
- 11NOTE: Do not let the rice 100 percent absorb liquid before adding next ladle full; rice mixture should always be wet.
- 12Continue ladling stock into rice until all is gone;.
- 13NOTE: If rice is not fully cooked, heat more chicken stock as required.
- 14ADD salt and pepper to taste (I like alot of pepper!); adjust seasoning to YOUR taste.
- 15ADD peas (Can be frozen).
- 16When peas are cooked, add butter and cheese.
- 17Once totally melted, spoon into bowls.
- 19NOTE: Can use red or white wine or omit should you desire.
- 20LAST NOTE: Final product should also be wet :) Hope this helps!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good for You Risotto!!
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.0
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 815.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole black peppercorns