1/2 Photos of Good Eats Creamed Corn Cornbread (Alton Brown)
This recipe produces a very light and airy cornbread packed with flavor. We add about 1/3 cup of sugar because we love sweet cornbread. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet into the oven.
- 2In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, salt, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together to combine well.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, and creamed corn, whisking together to combine thoroughly.
- 4Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and stir to combine. If the batter will not pour, add more buttermilk to the batter.
- 5Add 2 tablespoons canola oil to the cast iron skillet. Pour the batter into the skillet. Bake until the cornbread is golden brown and springs back upon the touch, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Eats Creamed Corn Cornbread (Alton Brown)
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 539.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g