Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this one from my mom:)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (chopped)
- Mix instant pudding with milk and set aside.
- In medium size bowl pour cake mix, eggs and pudding.
- Mix well and pour into 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
- No frosting is needed.
- Variation: Can do the same with yellow cake, butterscotch chips and butterscotch pudding.
- I used mini m&m's instead of nuts.
Fabulous cake! So moist and delicious. Tip: For anyone who thinks it's a good idea to make a bundt cake out of this one (like me), you cannot invert the topping (chocolate chips) and put it on bottom. It will burn. I ended up taking off the top of the cake and hiding with a chocolate sauce and m&m's. Still turned out lovely, though. Thanks for the great recipe!!!
This is a very easy cake that tastes yummy! I used the mini M&Ms in place of the nuts as the chef said she does too. Mine baked in 40 minutes. It kind of reminds me of a brownie instead of a cake. The chocolate chips and M&Ms are wonderful on top and take the place of icing. Thanks for sharing! Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2009.