Another great recipe from Diane Mott Davidson's "Killer Pancake." (Read her books...The Goldilock's Catering series is a realistic and suspenseful cozy collection.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 1/2 cups diagonally sliced asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1 teaspoon mashed and chopped baked garlic (see note)
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant-blending Wondra Flour
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese (neufchatel(not nonfat)
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 9 ounces cholesterol-free fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped arugula
- 1Heat a medium-size nonstick saute pan.
- 2Remove from heat, and spray with vegetable oil spray.
- 3Add onion, and saute until limp--5-10 minutes.
- 4Add asparagus and garlic, cover the pan, and turn off the heat (the steam from the onion will steam the asparagus).
- 5In a large skillet, combine the dry milk and skim milk, and whisk until blended.
- 6Add flour, stir, and cook over med-high heat until thickened.
- 7In a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons of this sauce to the cream cheese, and stir until smooth.
- 8Return this mixture to the hot sauce.
- 9Add parmesan, and stir until melted.
- 10Keep hot.
- 11If the mixture gets too thick, thin it out with small amounts of skim milk.
- 12Cook fettucine according to package directions.
- 13Add hot pasta and garlic and vegetables to the sauce in the skillet.
- 14Stir and cook over medium-low heat until heated through.
- 15Serve garnished with chopped arugula.
- 17To bake garlic, preheat oven to 350. Place a whole head of garlic in a small baking pan. Drizzle one tsp of olive oil over the head, add 1/4 cup of water to the pan.
- 18Bake, loosely covered for 45-60 minutes or until soft.
- 19The cloves will slide right out, and can ve mashed, chopped or served whole.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goldy's Low Fat Fettuccine Alfredo With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.5
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 425.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: