Recipe by Kitchen Queen
My grandmother made this for every festive occasion. We even served it at our wedding reception! Always a hit with adults and kids alike. Cook time is freezer time.
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or more to taste)
- 6 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 envelope Kool-Aid
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (48 ounce) can pineapple juice
- maraschino cherry, drained (reserve for last step)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the bananas with part of the water until smooth.
- Combine remaining water with remaining ingredients (reserve cherries).
- Add banana puree and mix well.
- Freeze for 24-48 hours.
- About 2-3 hours before serving, remove from freezer.
- Crush or mash frozen mixture GENTLY.
- Pour over 2-3 Litres of gingerale.
- Add cherries for color.