1/2 Photos of Golden Onion and Dill Frittata
Elly in Canada's Note:
Similar to a quiche without the crust, tasty served with a broccoli salad! I recently made this for brunch, it was excellent served with some smoked salmon. Recipe from Canadian Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 8-inch (20 cm) nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. ( I use half butter, half oil).
- 2Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 7 minutes.
- 3In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, dill, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 4Sprinkle croutons over onions.
- 5Pour egg mixture over croutons, stirring gently to combine.
- 6Cover and cook over medium-low heat until set, about 15 minutes. Flip frittata onto serving plate. To serve cut into wedges.
- 7Note: I have used purchased seasoned croutons, I find them quite salty, I recommend reducing the the amount of salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Onion and Dill Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.2
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 427.2 mg
- Sodium 831.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 14.8 g