- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups Golden Grahams cereal, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats, plus
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanuts, divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-in baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, cereal, 3/4 cup oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in 3/4 cup peanuts, and 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared baking dish.
- Coarsely chop remaining peanuts; sprinkle over top with remaining oats and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, or until golden brown.