Recipe by UmmBinat
ZWT6 Belgium. Godiva Chocolatier was founded in Belgium in 1926. My favorite chocolate boutique. From http://www.godiva.com.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
After making & tasting these wonderful little goodies, I absolutely refused to share them with anyone other than the 2 of us who live right here! OUTSTANDING cookies, & a definite keeper for this chocoholic! We always have a variety of chocolates in the kitchen for . . . whatever, & we truly enjoyed the Godiva chocolate here! Will really enjoy adding these to my cookie making during the end-of-year holidays! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed while in Germany with ZWT6]
- 3 ounces Godiva dark chocolate bars, coarsely chopped (2 1.5 oz bars)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds more or until softened. Stir until smooth.
- Mix flour and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Place butter in large bowl and beat until creamy, using a hand-held electric mixer at medium speed. Add sugar and continue beating for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat well. Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Add flour mixture in two additions, mixing on low speed after each addition. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out quarter of dough at a time on a floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into shapes, using a cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned at edges. Remove from baking sheets and cool on racks. Store cookies in an airtight container.