Kurt Godden's Note:
People have told me that this chili could win contests. We make this for our traditional Christmas eve dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs ground round
- 4 cups beef broth (or buillon)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot dried red pepper (optional)
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Put beef broth or buillon on low heat to simmer.
- 2While broth heats up, brown ground beef and drain excess fat, add to broth.
- 3While beef is browning, chop onion, add to broth.
- 4Add tomato paste, chili beans to broth.
- 5Add garlic, chili powder, oregano, basil, cumin.
- 6Add red peppers, salt, pepper, if desired.
- 7Simmer at least 2 hours.
- 8Serve with grated cheese on top.
- 9You can omit the red pepper and/or change the chili powder to teaspoons, if you like yours milder.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Godden's World-Famous Chili Con Carne With Beans
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.0
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 120.7 mg
- Sodium 1032.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 41.2 g