1/5 Photos of Gobble Them up Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
I call these my "Gobble Them Up" cookies because they are so healthy and delicious, you won't just want to eat one! They are bite-sized cookies, the star ingredient is the oats and there is just enough flour to hold all the ingredients together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar, can use either brown, white. (Healthier substitute, can decrease to 1/3 cup so the sweetness of the raisins come through)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Whip egg until mixed, add raisins, water and vanilla. Set aside for at least an hour to plump the raisins.
- 3Cream together canola oil and sugars, mix together well.
- 4Mix together flour, oats, wheatgerm, sugar, salt, baking soda.
- 5In the egg and raisin mixture add in the milk.
- 6Add the dry ingredients to the egg and raisin mixture and blend well.
- 7Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie mixture onto a silpat or aluminum foil covered cookie sheet. You can also shape them into little balls with your hands.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.
- 9Cool for five minutes and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gobble Them up Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g