Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
I call these my "Gobble Them Up" cookies because they are so healthy and delicious, you won't just want to eat one! They are bite-sized cookies, the star ingredient is the oats and there is just enough flour to hold all the ingredients together.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour or 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, can use either brown, white. (Healthier substitute, can decrease to 1/3 cup so the sweetness of the raisins come through)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whip egg until mixed, add raisins, water and vanilla. Set aside for at least an hour to plump the raisins.
- Cream together canola oil and sugars, mix together well.
- Mix together flour, oats, wheatgerm, sugar, salt, baking soda.
- In the egg and raisin mixture add in the milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg and raisin mixture and blend well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie mixture onto a silpat or aluminum foil covered cookie sheet. You can also shape them into little balls with your hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.
- Cool for five minutes and enjoy!
I gobbled these cookies right up! They were so satisfying with a wonderful toasted flavor. They would be a good choice for a breakfast cookie, too. I used white sugar. Thanks Hellokitty, for posting. Roxygirl
Absolutely the best cookie that I have eaten. I had to add just a smidgen more water to the batch to get them to hold, because I did not have time to soak the raisins before I put them in the batch.
I had a craving for oatmeal cookies so I tried out this recipe. Loved them! The 1/3 cup of sugar was fine. Next time I do them I may add some apple sauce to add a bit of moisture.