Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. This recipe puts a twist to the old jalapeno popper recipe replacing the traditional cream cheese with goat cheese and even slipping in some protein and greens! Thanks A1 for the kick you add too!
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (you may add a tsp of milk or so to make spreadable)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh spinach
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- Cut jalapeño peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Chop the spinach into small pieces.
- Brown the ground turkey and drain well. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a separate bowl, mix the spinach, A1 sauce, ground turkey and goat cheese together.
- Using a spoon, fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture.
- Slice an avocado into thin strips and lay one over the cheese mixture.
- Wrap a 1/2 piece of bacon around each half and secure with a toothpick.
- Line them up on a cookie sheet an inch apart.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minute.